Roles and Responsibilities
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of ‘Senior Assistant’ to ensure the smooth functioning of handling food and Services operations at ICRISAT. The incumbent will be based at ICRISAT Headquarters in Patancheru, Telangana State, India and would report to Senior Catering officer.
- Ensure high quality of service is rendered at all operational areas. Maintain high standard of hygiene and service within the given resources.
- Execute the daily service operations with available resources and infrastructure by following safety guidelines.
- Carrying out the daily food service operations with consistency by maintaining safety and hygiene standard.
- Commitment towards the assigned job, having good knowledge in handling the food with most dedication to meet the required activities of the day.
- Acknowledging the instructions from Senior Catering Officer and carrying them out as instructed
- Briefing the Associates in detail on the day's activities to carry them successfully at different as various sites.
- Organize the activities, plan and prioritize the requirements, by maintaining consistency and standards in providing the food requirements
- Maintaining timely services to be provided
- Ensure the assigned associates complete their respective assignments timely as per the required schedule.
- Ensure quality food is served at all service counters and cafeterias with efficiency and required service skills.
- Maintain consistency in quality, hygiene and service levels.
- Graduate / Diploma in Hotel Management with minimum 2 years of experience from Hotel / Hospitality industry in Catering Services.
- The candidate must be an expert in handling Food Services operations.
- Should have worked in a similar role in the past
- Should have Pleasant disposition, patience, integrity and alertness
This is a contractual position for a period of 36 months (3 years’).
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 15 September 2021, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Forestry / Fishing
Employment Type:Full Time, Temporary/Contractual
UG:Diploma in Hotel Management,BHM in Any Specialization
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi- arid or dryland tropics has over 2 billion people and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower these disadvantaged populations to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agricultural production systems.
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid. Please visit – www.icrisat.org