Roles and Responsibilities
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic professionals for the position of Risk Manager to oversee the organizations comprehensive insurance and risk management program, assessing and identifying risks that could impede the reputation, safety, security, or financial success of the organization. This position will be based at ICRISAT’s Headquarters in Patancheru, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. The incumbent will report to the Director – Institutional Finance and Services.
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur
- Performing a thorough risk evaluation: Evaluating the institute’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements
- Preparing risk management and insurance budgets
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience. (Defining the most significant risks to the business; ensuring business heads understand the risks that might affect their departments; ensuring individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks)
- Devising a plan for the external risk posed by corporate governance to stakeholders
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the institute
- A Post Graduate degree in Risk Management, Management or Business Studies, Finance/ Economics with at least 8 – 10 years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience in the same industry would be an added advantage; Candidates with experience in ITES / Service industry may be preferred
- Have strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Be Commercially aware with excellent Numerical skills
- should be able to think outside the box to envision risks that might be otherwise unnoticeable to others.
- Be a good Planner and have very good organizational and networking skills
- Ability to understand broader business issues
- Proficiency in English communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Excellent time management and multitasking abilities
This position is on contract for 36 months (Three years), renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 24 August 2021, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Forestry / Fishing
Employment Type:Full Time, Temporary/Contractual
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. It is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a global agriculture research partnership whose science is carried out by the 15 Research Centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid.
ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce, poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. The approach is through partnership-based international agricultural research-for-development that embodies Science with a Human Face. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.