Roles and Responsibilities
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic professionals for the position of Officer – Travel & Facilitiesunder the Institutional Finance and Services Program. This position will be based at ICRISAT’s Headquarters in Patancheru, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.The incumbent will report to the Director – Institutional and Finance Services.
- Supporting & Facilitating employee travel, transportation, etc.
- Handling and overseeing all travel arrangements (air, lodgings, car etc.) and operations
- Maintain a relationship with various vendors and agencies.
- Ensuring ICRISAT travel approval policy and procedures are followed
- Negotiate contracts / rates with travel service providers
- Preparing MIS and submitting the same with Finance dept for all verticals
- Monitor employee reimbursement process inclusive of managing systems and assisting ongoing processing
- Provide advice on travel documents, insurance, import/export regulations etc.
- Sharing non-settlement data with the concerned staff for prompt settlement; Ensuring all cancellations are adjusted promptly
- Planning and implementing new strategies for reducing operational cost without affecting the customer requirement.
- Ensure that all programs comply with all travel procedures.
- Continuously work towards the improvement of travel programs.
- Knowledge in handling multiple country Visa application process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of staff at all levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Post- Graduate / Graduate in travel and tourism, hospitality business or relevant fields is preferred with 3-5 years of experience in the travel industry
- Proficiency in English communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Working knowledge of MS Office and CTM solutions, would be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of domestic and international travel regulations and customs
- Should have an analytical attitude with an organized approach.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
This position is on contract for 36 months (Three years), renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 28 July 2021, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Forestry / Fishing
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. It is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a global agriculture research partnership whose science is carried out by the 15 Research Centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid.
ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce, poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. The approach is through partnership-based international agricultural research-for-development that embodies Science with a Human Face.
For more details, see www.icrisat.org.