Roles and Responsibilities
ICRISAT invites applications from dynamic professionals for the position of Manager Quality whose primary responsibilities will include devising and establishing quality procedures, standards and specifications for the Institute. This position will be based at ICRISAT’s Headquarters in Patancheru, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.The incumbent will report to the Director – Institutional Finance and Services.
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- Create and implement best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations
- Oversee all policy development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis
- Solicit feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements are met
- Submit detailed reports to appropriate executives
- Be on the lookout for opportunities for process improvements and develop new efficient procedures for productivity gains and cost reduction
- Working together with project leaders to discuss solutions to quality issues
- Creating an environment of measurement to enhance efficiency, accuracy and productivity
- Investigating causes of process gaps, inefficiencies, donor complains on reporting and proposing solutions
- Look for opportunities to digitize processes for transparency, effective reporting, automating manual processes for enhancing controls and improving the turnaround times
- Training employees on quality to drive in a culture of quality consciousness always looking out for opportunities of “adding” value to our operations
- Effectively mitigate risks and resolve complex challenges
- Master’s degree in related field
- Work Experience of 8 to 10 years in the ITeS or Service industry would be preferred, with at least 3 years’ experience in a managerial position
- Certification in Six Sigma (Black Belt / Green Belt) and Quality Improvement or Quality auditing, or Quality engineering is a must
- Having relevant experience in quality inspection, auditing, and testing would be an added advantage
- Be a good planner and have very good organizational skills, time management and multitasking abilities
- Excellent communication skills are needed to work in this multi-disciplinary, multi-location and multi-cultural team
This position is on contract for 36 (Thirty-Six) months, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 18 August 2021, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Forestry / Fishing
Employment Type:Full Time, Temporary/Contractual
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. It is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a global agriculture research partnership whose science is carried out by the 15 Research Centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid.
ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce, poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. The approach is through partnership-based international agricultural research-for-development that embodies Science with a Human Face. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.