Roles and Responsibilities
ICRISAT invites application applications from dynamic and talented Qualified Chartered Accountants for the position of General Manager – Global Finance. The professional will oversee the organizations comprehensive Financial planning and analysis, that could impede the reputation, safety, security, or financial success of the Institute. This position will be based at ICRISAT’s Headquarters in Patancheru, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. The incumbent will report to the Director – Institutional and Finance Services.
- Lead Financial Planning and Analysis team to prepare the Institute’s yearly operational and capital budgets. Enforce budget discipline across the Institute, initiate and implement corrective actions through variance analysis etc,
- Develop internal costing and pricing structure for multiple internal services and unit, and ensure effective implementation of full cost recovery
- Lead the analysis and reporting of expenses on full cost recovery and regular review of the same; suggest and implement improvements.
- Lead the finance management of entire grants portfolio throughout its active life cycle and ensure timely & accurate reporting of donor reports, compliance with donor requirements; develop appropriate tracking system for donor reporting, review donor amendments, budget changes and no cost extension agreements from financial standpoint
- Drive consistency of Financial Operating procedures and reporting throughout the Institute including locations.
- Drive the implementation of sound financial accountability through an effective internal control framework, and by instilling a culture of risk awareness, independence and compliance with financial policies and procedures throughout the Institute across locations.
- Effectively lead the treasury function of the Center, ensuring that cash flow requirements are met, and that ICRISAT’s liquid assets are managed in accordance with established investment policies, provide guidance to Finance staff in locations.
- Assist the Director – Institutional Finance and Services in coordinating Institute-wide risk assessment frameworks at regular intervals, and any other responsibilities assigned from time to time
- Lead Senior Managers in Finance Services to drive efficiency and effectiveness of Finance Operations throughout the Institute by emulating and adopting the latest technological and process trends
- Provide guidance to the Finance Staff in locations, and stimulate Globalization of Finance function by formulating initiatives to drive centralization of Finance staff locations with Corporate
- Support Scientists and Directors in preparation of budget proposals for funding
Effectively liaise with and manage conducive relationship with Internal and External Auditors
- Oversee and provide accurate and timely information to the management for decision-making purposes, including monthly and quarterly updates on financials through closing of books, staff time utilization and other reports supporting decision making.
- Qualified Account with at least 10-15 [SA(1]years of experience in Finance and governance among other areas, of which the last 5 years should have been in a supervisory or managerial position
- Strong financial systems background; Good knowledge of IFRS
- Resilient and capable of supervising and leading a team of finance staff, to the success of the Institute’s mandate
- Have strong analytical skills and an eye for detail and Be Commercially aware with excellent Numerical skills
- Should have demonstrated abilities in coaching staff and creating high performing teams
- Should be able to think outside the box to envision process changes which will simplify the processes and bring in better transparency, controls and automation
- Be a good Planner and have very good organizational skills, time management and multitasking abilities
- Fluency in English, Spoken and written, with excellent communication and leadership skills
- Proven record of mentoring and developing talents in a global environment
- Passionate and persistent about operational excellence
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to understand broader business issues
This position is on contract for 36 months (Three years), renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 13 August 2021, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Forestry / Fishing
Employment Type:Full Time, Temporary/Contractual
PG:CA in Any Specialization
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. It is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a global agriculture research partnership whose science is carried out by the 15 Research Centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid.
ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce, poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. The approach is through partnership-based international agricultural research-for-development that embodies Science with a Human Face. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.