Roles and Responsibilities
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of Assistant – Housing Services and ensure the best housing services and facilities are provided at ICRISAT. The incumbent will be based at ICRISAT Headquarters in Patancheru, Telangana State, India and would report to the Housing Officer.
- Organize the stay, food and all related amenities for all the guests
- Responsible for welcoming and receiving the guests and visitors
- Brief the guests on the rules and regulations of the campus that have to be adhered to, by the guests and visitors, at all times take bookings, make billings and cash deposits
- Assist the visitors in reaching out to the respective hosts in ICRISAT
- Follow all safety, cleanliness and hygiene guidelines
- Provide assistance to the VIP guests by facilitating all their requirements
- Follow-up with FES on maintenance requires and work orders and ensure successful completion of job.
- Ensure smooth functioning of rotational shifts
- Maintain the records of all the visitors and guests, for future reference
- Maintain the records of the expenses incurred for the guests and submit it to respective departments, as required.
- Check the rooms and report maintenance requirements, if any
- Ensure required facilities are available in flatlets/dormitories/campus housing/laundry and recreational areas
- Maintain all stores and respective indents as per process
- Graduate/Diploma in Hotel Management and should have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Should have relevant experience in managing visitors from various countries and nationalities etc.
- Knowledge in Billing software would be an added advantage
- The incumbent must have excellent communications skills (both written and spoken) in English
- Experience in Handling Front Desk operations would be an added advantage
- Proficiency in functional IT skills
- Positive attitude, High Integrity and good decision making skills are important to this role
This is a contractual role for a period of 36 months (3 years’).
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 06 September 2021, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Forestry / Fishing
Employment Type:Full Time, Temporary/Contractual
UG:BHM in Hotel Management,Diploma in Any Specialization
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi- arid or dryland tropics has over 2 billion people and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower these disadvantaged populations to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agricultural production systems.
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid. Please visit – www.icrisat.org