Roles and Responsibilities
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of Assistant Baker to ensure and assist with the smooth functioning of the Bakery at ICRISAT. The incumbent will be based at ICRISAT Headquarters in Patancheru, Telangana State, India and would report to Senior Catering officer.
- Ensure the upkeep of the bakery equipment and maintaining high standard of personal and work place hygiene.
- Baking products with available infrastructure and as directed by the supervisor.
- Preparation of all Bakery related items with most hygiene and high quality.
- Commitment towards the assigned job, having good knowledge in preparing the bakery products with most dedication to meet the required activities of the day.
- Acknowledging the instructions from supervisor, clarifying the day's activities in detail for preparation of the items and delivery in time.
- Based on the activities, plan and prioritize the requirements, by maintaining the consistency and standard in providing the bakery requirements timely and promptly.
- Ensure to complete the given assignments in a timely manner and as per the schedule.
- Use of Measured and quantified ingredients for specific bakery items preparation.
- Maintain consistency and quality in baking various products.
- Diploma in bakery and confectionery or 10 years of experience in a similar role in the hospitality industry
- Ability to read and follow recipes
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Creativity in crafting new bakery products
- Good communication skills
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment
This is a contractual position for a period of 36 months (3 years’).
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 13 September 2021, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Forestry / Fishing
Employment Type:Full Time, Temporary/Contractual
UG:BHM in Hotel Management,Diploma in Any Specialization
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi- arid or dryland tropics has over 2 billion people and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower these disadvantaged populations to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agricultural production systems.
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid. Please visit – www.icrisat.org