ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the position of Senior Associate – Janitorial Services in the Farm and Engineering Services under Asia Program. The incumbent will be responsible to plan, organize, prioritize, direct and coordinate janitorial activities effectively and efficiently. This position will be based at ICRISAT’s Headquarters in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India.The incumbent will report to a Senior Administrative Officer.
- Schedule, Supervise & coach the janitorial staff to maintain high standards of cleanliness.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning and service supplies
- Identify and report repairs/ maintenance requirements in washrooms and general building areas.
- Sound knowledge of various cleaning methods, cleaning equipment, chemicals and general safety.
- Assign duties, inspect works, investigate complaints and take corrective action.
- Accountable for meeting the defined standards of cleanliness
- Maintain all the offices, labs, conference rooms neat & clean
- Train & mentor new personnel
- Guide and counsel employees on performance with a goal of improving
- Graduate in any discipline with at least 5 years’ experience in Housekeeping/ managing Janitorial activities in a Multi-national organization or from the Hospitality industry
- Certificate course in Housekeeping would be an added advantage
- Excellent written and spoken skills
- Working knowledge in MS-Office suite
- Driving license of 2 & 4 wheeler
- Effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary relationships
- Must strive to ensure timely & high standards of cleanliness.
- Must be flexible with working hours, weekends and holidays
- Ability to follow directions and work within Institute’s policies & guidelines
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for 36 months (three years) renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 19 December 2020, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Desired Candidate Profile
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and seven country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, please visit www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)