ICRISAT seeks applications for Scientist- Seed Systems position to undertake seed systems research and develop scaling-up strategies for new nutrient dense, climate-smart, farmer- and market-preferred varieties of legumes and cereals and allied technologies in WCA. The position is based at ICRISAT, Bamako, Mali.
This role is responsible for to undertake seed systems research and develop scaling-up strategies for new nutrient dense, climate-smart, farmer- and market-preferred varieties of legumes and cereals and allied technologies in West and Central Africa.
- Develop and promote of innovative and transformative models for accessing, multiplying and disseminating public-bred varieties of mandate cereal and legume crops by capacitating seed enterprises to scale up production.
- Develop and test innovative models for production of breeder, foundation, certified and QDS seed through demand-led public and private partnerships.
- Develop and test innovative models of delivery of quality seed of improved varieties including bundling with complementary technologies and services to enhance commercialization and uptake of improved varieties and profitability of seed entrepreneurs.
- Leading and contributing to development of research project proposals with collective efforts for resource mobilization
- Engage partners in developing and disseminating business plans, variety business cases and demand forecast to enhance wider variety commercialization by SMEs and seed companies through crop portfolio diversification.
The is an Internationally Recruited Position [IRS] for two (2) years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 14 December 2020, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
PleaseCLICK HEREto submit your application.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Desired Candidate Profile
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
Headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India ICRISAT has two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, seewww.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)