Working under the guidance of the World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) OLM project leadership to implement project activities in the target locations, including:
- To ensure that all project activities are undertaken as agreed in agreement and based on the Center’s standards of operation and practice.
- Coordinate project activities with partner agencies, government departments, suppliers and farming communities and periodically report on project status, activities undertake and issues arising.
- Supervise and train other staff deployed under the project on all activities being undertaken, the candidate is expected to support and transfer knowledge and learning to farming communities, government departmental staff and partners engaged in project activities.
Collect data, and maintain records of all activities undertaken under the project;
- Prepare periodic progress reports, technical papers, and presentations for meetings and annual reports as needed for donors, project beneficiaries, and team members;
Develop training extension documents, materials and programs in coordination with project staff.
- To liaise with government, and other project agencies to ensure timely and effective implementation of project activities.
- To maintain effective and close liaison with the Center’s project manager and Center’s support team in Hyderabad.
- Provide project administrative support such as procurement, payments and maintaining accounts in accordance to WorldVeg policies and regulations.
- Master’s degree in Horticulture/Agriculture is a must
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in working on vegetable production and postharvest handling.
- Willingness to travel frequently to project locations.
- Good working knowledge of vegetable cultivation and postharvest management in Odisha.
- Past association with NGO’s, private sector and producer organizations active in vegetable production and post-harvest management would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams, both from with the organization and involving external partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Odia and English required.
- Proficiency in the use of various software application (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
This is a consolidated position for one year, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 5 July 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer"
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Desired Candidate Profile
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Visit www.icrisat.org
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)