- Support the plant breeding data management systems and digitalization in ICRISAT and the African National Agricultural Research Service partner
- Train and support breeding partners with data collection utilizing digital tools and android apps
- Asses if basic assumptions of experimental designs are met and liaise with bioinformaticians at headquarters for setup of field experiments
- Travel to partners’ locations when needed and help in data management & digitalization
- Oversee implementation of handheld tools for collecting traits data in field trials using Android apps
- Assist NARS partners with uploading of data to centralized data hubs
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to implement breeding data management systems
Essential Criteria (Required education, experience and skills)
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in B.Sc/M.Sc Statistics, data management, database applications or data science
- Basic understanding of experimental design, good statistics and applied research
- Sound knowledge of applied computer system software and productivity software (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills are needed to work in this multi-disciplinary, multi-location and multi-cultural team
- Understanding of basic plant breeding concepts and processes, including crossing, generation advancement and trial designs a big plus
- Experience in breeding data management tools like BMS, AGROBASE, PRISM, etc.
- Understanding of basic troubleshooting of Android Tablets and Windows PCs
The position is initially for a period of three years, renewable based on performance of the incumbent, funding and the institute’s continuing need for the position. Attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer and is especially interested in increasing the participation of women on its staff
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Desired Candidate Profile
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)