Roles and Responsibilities
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the position of Research Technician to implement OLM project (Livelihood development through Vegetable Cultivation and Value Addition activities), a collaborative project with World Vegetable Centre and ICRISAT. The positions will be based at Rayagada district of Odisha.
- Work under the guidance of the Scientific officer/Project manager to implement the various project activities in the target locations;
- Coordinate all field activities in the district areas assigned and relating to the project
- Provide technical assistance and supervisory support to farming communities engaged with the implementation of project activities
- Conduct field trials, pilot and demonstration activities in designated district areas under the supervision of the Scientific Officer
- Collect data and maintain records of all activities undertaken under the project
- Prepare inputs for technical and project reports as requested by the Scientific Officer/Project Manager
- Organize and coordinate trainings for farming communities and local partner agencies;
- Assist in developing training extension documents, materials and programs in coordination with project team members
- Assist in the preparation of periodic progress reports, technical papers and presentations for meetings and also annual reports as needed for donors, project beneficiaries, and team members
- Degree/Diploma in Agriculture/Horticulture is a must for this role
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in working on vegetable production and postharvest handling will be preferred.
- Willingness to travel frequently to project locations
- Good communication and knowledge of local language
- Good working knowledge of vegetable cultivation and postharvest management in Odisha.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Odia and English;
- Proficiency in the use of various software applications (MS Word, MS Excel,) and exposure to handling variety evaluation trials;
- Strong team person and willing to work as part of an extended team comprising several agencies.
This is a consolidate position for one year, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 8 January 2021 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer"
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:Graduation Not Required
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is a non-profit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan and five regional offices around the globe. WorldVeg conducts research and development programs that contribute to realize the potential of vegetables for healthier lives and more resilient livelihoods. For more information please visit our website: worldveg.org.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more information please visit www.icrisat.org