- Assist in fumigation of seed samples
- Preparation of various culture media
- Perform seed treatment with fungicides as per the recommendation of plant quarantine officials
- Assist in packing and dispatch of seed samples for export
- Contribute to other tasks as required and assigned
Qualification and Skill Requirement:
- Graduate with a degree in B.Sc. Agriculture or B.Sc. chemistry
- Knowledge of plant protection measures of ICRISAT mandate crops
- Basic Knowledge of applicable software and digital tools of data recording and observation
- Working knowledge of the local language with fluency in English (both written and spoken) preferred
- Candidate with valid driver’s license is preferred
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for 36 Months (3 years’) renewable based on the funding availability, incumbent’s performance and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 10 December 2020, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Desired Candidate Profile
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometres of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
Headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India ICRISAT has two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, visitwww.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)