- To handle large-scale Next Generation Sequencing and multi-platform data analysis
- Genome assembly and support analysis of large scale crop genome data
- Writing software/tools, to assist in interactive data visualization and pipelines
- Assisting with handling High-Performance Linux distributions
- Exploring public biological databases and open-source informatics and statistical tools, suggest integration approaches to improve the analysis.
- Extending Help to the team with writing structured proposals, reports, and projects etc.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. in bioinformatics or any related field, complemented by at least 1 year experience in NGS and programming
- Working experience in analyzing large datasets (raw sequencing data, gene expression, germline, and somatic mutational events, copy number variants, methylation, etc.);
- A skilled programmer in an object-oriented language. Experience in programming (Python advantage) is desirable. Along with Knowledge of software development best practices, eg, modular design, source code version control, unit test, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience with bioinformatics resources, databases, tools, and common standard formats.
- Experience using existing scientific workflow systems, such as WDL / Snakemake, etc is an asset.
- Strong team-working skills with previous experience of completing collaborative projects on time
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to communicate complex ideas and information
- Should be capable of handling High-Performance Clusters and Linux distributions
- Keen interest in crop science and hybrid genome assembly is an added advantage
The is a consolidated position initially for a period of three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 5 July 2020, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Desired Candidate Profile
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)