- Report and coordinate the activities of a team of six WorldVeg field officers in districts across Assam and ensure good relationships with national and international partners.
- Assist field officers in implementing on-farm demonstrations of improved varieties and seedling production systems, good agricultural practices and integrated pest management in close coordination with WorldVeg researchers, international partners and state institutions.
- Provide technical back-up to field officers to address vegetable farmers’ management problems, and seek additional national and international expertise and inputs where needed.
- Provide the key technical input into training programs to strengthen the capacity of local partners to help vegetable farmers overcome practical management problems and to scale up innovative practices.
- Contribute to writing training materials, technical progress reports and annual reviews and work plans as directed by the Resident Consultant and Project leader in Taiwan.
Required Candidate profile
PhD in Horticulture / Agriculture/ Extension with 5-8 years of extensive experience working in vegetable and pulses crops
Extensive experience in commercial vegetable research and extension work with a good knowledge of improved production management practices
Experience working effectively in teams and a proven ability to help improve farmers management practices
Keen analytical skills and the ability to implement, monitor and evaluate varietal trials and integrated pest management trials
Good Experience in running training programs and developing training materials
significant agricultural research and/or development publication record
Excellent communication and computer skills, with fluency in written and spoken English and Assamese and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Desired Candidate Profile
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
WorldVeg is the world’s largest international non-profit research and development center focused on alleviating poverty and malnutrition in developing countries through the increased production and consumption of nutritious and health-promoting vegetables. Founded in 1971 with headquarters in Taiwan, the Center’s global work covers East and Southeast Asia, sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia and Central Asia. For more information please visit our website: worldveg.org.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture. ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more visit www.icrisat.org
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)