- Assist in conducting on-station research and on-farm trials for productivity enhancement in different projects
- Conduct training courses in specified areas as per ICRISAT guidelines for different stakeholders
- Coordinate the activities in selected districts of various bilateral projects
- Assist in developing and evaluating technologies for different projects in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, and Maharashtra
- Undertake baseline surveys, impact assessment studies, data analysis using econometric programs, and preparation of reports
- Preparation of report, project proposals and help the Research Program Director (Asia) and Director, ICRISAT Development Center as needed
- PhD in Agro climatology / Agronomy / Soil Science / Horticulture/Socioeconomics / Soil Physics / Watershed Management and related agriculture disciplines preferably with 2-3 years of experience
- Ability to be a good team player
- Exposure to cross-functional environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a Visiting Scientist (VS) position for two years and renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and funding availability and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 12 November 2017 , with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Sc - Any Specialization
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) - Other
Doctorate:Ph.D - Other
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FORTHE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)