The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and contributing to the achievement of the objectives of the sorghum and millet value chain component of an AfDB- funded project- Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT), for large-scale diffusion of sorghum and millet technologies in target countries in the Sahel (Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, and Sudan). TAAT aims to enhance diffusion of technologies of proven efficacy for improving sorghum and pearl millet production systems under the environmental, economic and social conditions of target countries. (l) This component of TAAT is expected to complement activities and create synergies through linkages with other projects/partners/stakeholders that focus on sorghum and millet value chain. The Technology Transfer Officer (Nationally Recruited Staff) will be based in Bamako (Mali) or Niamey (Niger), and work within the target countries
- Oversee and manage all technology transfer-related activities,
- Assess and evaluate technologies to be disseminated
- Work closely with the TAAT sorghum and millet Value Chain Coordinator in undertaking the activities of the Commodity Technology Delivery Compact (CTDC) of Sorghum and Millet Value Chain which include: agreeing with Regional Member Countries (RMCs) on approaches to deploy technologies, defining target areas, mobilizing all actors across the value chain and designing and implementing wide-scale farmer extension models
- Ensure the implementation of technology transfer activities and annual work plan
- Monitor implementation of activities with partners
- Organize workshops/meetings etc. with partners/stakeholders as and when needed
- Organize meetings/seminars and conduct practical training courses on technology transfer mechanisms for partner scientists and extension workers
- Analyse, summarize and interpret data
- Establish and update documentation on technologies disseminated and feedback received
- Present the activities, results, impacts and outcomes of the sorghum and millet value chain at professional, donor and other stakeholders meetings
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Sorghum and Millet Value Chain Coordinator and/or Institutional management office to meet the objectives of the value chain.
- Must have at least an MSc with 5 to 10 years of professional work experience in technology transfer, agricultural extension within a research institute/university/private sector company or a closely related field to the value chain.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have very good written and oral communication skills in English with good working knowledge of French or vice versa.
- Ability to write, publish, and disseminate technical reports, success stories, and promotional materials; and
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multi-cultural environment.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position for 3 years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and continuing availability of funding.
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 22 April 2018, with a letter of motivation, a latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidates professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) - Agriculture, Other
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru, near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. In WCA, ICRISAT has its regional hub in Mali and country programs in Niger and Nigeria. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)