- Conducting analysis related to genetic diversity, genetic mapping and Quantitative trait locus (QTL) analysis, population structure, genome-wide association studies
- Generating and performing genetic and genomic analyses using high-throughput genotyping / sequencing and phenotypic data for candidate gene discovery, marker development and molecular breeding, including genomic selection
- Developing cost-effective and easy to genotype SSR/SNP assays for high throughput screening of breeding material
- Processing, analyzing, and archiving genomic and phenotypic data sets, conducting analyses, interpreting findings, and compiling of results and writing reports
- Knowledge on modern breeding approaches such as MABC, MARS and genomic selection will be preferred
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor
- M.Sc. / M.Sc. (Ag) in Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/Genetics with NET qualification and two years of research experience
- Preference will be given to candidate with working experience on genomics and molecular breeding.
- Good team player in cross-functional environments with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a consolidated position for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability, and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 30 January 2019 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) - Agriculture, Biotechnology, Botany, Other
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)