- Process and analyse sequencing data from Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms
- Use a variety of bioinformatics tools to analyse and manipulate whole genome resequencing data
- Expression studies using RNA-Seq data, gene ontology and metabolic pathway analysis
- Compilation of results and writing reports
- Masters degree in the area of Computational Genomics/Computational Biology/Computer Science or similar, with minimum 2 years of research experience and at least one year in NGS data analysis
- Sound knowledge of genomics and molecular biology is must
- Proficient in any one of the programming/scripting in languages: Python, Perl, PHP, R, Shell Scripting. Must be experienced in working on Linux and CLI environment
- Ability to work as team as well as independently with minimal support
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
This is a Consolidated position for two years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 25 March 2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) - Other
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)