- Oversight of websites to ensure ICRISATs mission is powerfully presented and our scientific credibility strengthened
- Management and continuous updating of existing websites -- icrisat.org and exploreit.org -- in a dynamic way and in sync with the latest trends
- Overseeing the development of new websites, ensuring the latest technologies, visual appeal and practical usability
- Track website usage and ensure improvements based on the feedback.
- Aspire for creativity and manage tight schedules and resources of the production team
- Ensure latest technologies are used
- Meticulous management of jobs, quality and timelines
- Creating a positive team environment
- Administrative oversight of staff and budgets, including technical web and database specialists, graphic designers, photographers, print and distribution staff.
- Management of resources and information systems
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Ensuring all outputs are captured, promoted and used
- System set up for photographs fully implemented.
- Oversight of scientific publications
- Negotiate with commercial publishers.
- Experienced in multimedia - web management, video production and directing of graphic design.
- Able to recognize and create engaging visuals.
- High management skills - managing staff and working with high level positions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Preferably experienced in scientific publications.
- Commitment to excellence and the delivery of high quality results without supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines.
- Graduate in Mass Communication or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
This is a Scientific and Managerial Group (SMG) cadre position, initially for a period of three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institutes continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 11 November 2018, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
PG:M.A - Communication, Other
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR System Organization. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)