- Supervise on-farm farmer participatory action research trials in different districts of Andhra Pradesh
- Constant interactions with the farmers, researchers and Department of Agriculture officials and act as a liaison person in the district
- Travel within the district and provide technical support to the Farm Facilitators/Lead Farmers and Farmers in the district
- Record of scientific data, prepare draft reports, collecting of the information about the farmers and undertaking the crop cutting experiments to record yields in the demonstration plots and guide technicians based in the districts
- Regular and timely reporting for district activities and update to supervisors
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Well versed with Computer operations and digitized reporting
- People with flair for field work, group interactions and suitable experience will be preferred
- Working in inter-disciplinary team in multicultural and multinational environment and the ability to interact with partner organizations
- M.Sc (Agri) / M.Sc (Hort) / M.Sc (Vet) / M.Sc in Biological Sciences with fluency in English/Telugu will be preferred
- The candidate should have aptitude and skills to draft reports & papers
- Knowledge of M.S. Office is essential
This is a consolidated position for two years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institutes continuing the need for the position. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 15-October-2017, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Sc - Any Specialization
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) - Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Other
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.