- To attend field activities related to germplasm regeneration and characterization/evaluation
- To prepare planting materials, field layouts, field records and post-harvest data and processing of germplasm samples
- To attend seed processing and seed laboratory works
- Prepare laboratory samples for analysis, following proper protocols in order to ensure that they will be stored, prepared, and disposed-off efficiently and effectively.
- To carry out seed laboratory activities viz; Germination tests, moisture tests, accelerated ageing test and other viability and vigor tests.
- To assist the supervisor in carrying out seed ageing and seed longevity experiments
- Develop in vitro techniques for medium term and long term conservation of ICRISAT mandate crops
- Preparation of in vitro materials of ICRISAT mandate crops for conservation and use
- Preparation of a variety of high quality plant tissue culture medium under time constraints.
- Perform standard tissue culture/in vitro laboratory work.
- Develop standard protocols for in vitro conservation of ICRISAT mandate crops.
- Perform laboratory procedures following established in vitro protocols with a focus on quality data collection and documentation of results.
- To operate and maintain seed lab and in vitro lab equipment.
- Record data pertaining to experimentation and research and check data quality
- Contribute to other tasks as required and assigned
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Proficiency in Computer skills(MS-Office)
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team
Science Graduates, but preference will be given to those with experience of 2-3 years working on ICRISAT mandate crops germplasm. Knowledge of seed science and plant tissue culture will be an added advantage.
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for one year, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability and the Institute's continuing need for the position. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 28 October 2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Sc - Agriculture, Other Specialization
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)