- Genetic / genomic analyses of high-throughput genotyping / sequencing and phenotypic data for trait dissection and molecular breeding
- Develop SSR/SNP assays for high throughput screening of breeding material
- Utilizing genomic information for breeding
- Processing, analysing, and archiving genomic and phenotypic data sets, conducting analyses, interpreting findings, and compiling of results and writing reports,
- Assist in training breeders of the national agricultural research system
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor
- PhD in Biotechnology/ Plant Science/ Genetics/ Plant Breeding preferably with experience of genomics applied to crop improvement together with good knowledge of genetics, genomics and plant breeding.
- Preference will be given to candidate with working experience on genomics and marker development.
- Good team player in cross-functional environments with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a Consolidated Position for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 31 March 2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Doctorate:Ph.D - Biotechnology
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)