ICRISAT invites applications for the post of Research Associate
. This position is based at ICRISAT Headquarters, Patancheru, Telangana, India. Job Responsibilities:-
- Conduct multi-location trials of groundnut, monitoring and collection of data
- Phenotyping for oil content and other quality parameters using NIRS, and for diseases
- Phenotyping breeding populations for diseases and water deficit stress in collaboration with researchers from other disciplines
- Handle mapping and backcross population, and contributing to writing project reports and research articles
- Any other job that supervisor may assign from time to time
- Genotyping of using high throughput genotyping (HTPG) platform and interpretation of results in collaboration with researchers from other disciplines
- Use Breeding Management System (BMS) for data collection, breeding decisions, and analysis
- Ph.D. in Genetics and Plant Breeding/Agricultural Biotechnology with experience in crop improvement, mapping population development, trait phenotyping and genotyping using molecular markers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in the use of breeding data management tools and data analysis tools like GENSTAT
- Experience in QTL mapping is preferred
- A team player with interpersonal skills and with an ability to work independently
How to apply:
- This is a consolidated position for one year and renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and funding availability, and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
- Applicants should apply on or before 13-August-2017, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Agriculture / Dairy
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Education:UG -B.Sc - Any Specialization
PG - MS/M.Sc(Science) - Any Specialization
Doctorate - Ph.D - Other
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.