- Co-lead, with HarvestPlus, the development of a detailed country level workplan to support the commercialisation of biofortified crops in India, to ensure impact, scale, and sustainability in a small number of strategically selected geographies and for a defined basket of biofortified crops.
- Identify new partners for GAIN and HarvestPlus to collaborate with for impact.
- Build a strong communication plan for the project and ensure effective communication with the stakeholders.
- Provide technical oversight to the implementation of activities that bring biofortified crops to scale through commercialization activities.
- Ensure that all project activities are completed within in the project life cycle. Oversee the implementation of project work plans and ensure projects deliver on time and within budget.
- Liaise with the partnership donors in India.
- Contribute country and GAIN specific information for donor reporting.
- Work closely with GAINs Knowledge Leadership and HarvestPlus MEL groups to ensure monitoring, evaluation and learning takes place within the commercialization activities
- Represent the GAIN/HarvestPlus commercialization partnership at national technical meetings and workshops
- Participate in conferences, meetings and consultations relevant to promoting the project as required.
- Contribute towards the development of new business opportunities for GAIN and HarvestPlus to generate additional funding for the commercialization of biofortified crops in India.
- Support Country Manager to integrate the project to realize the goal and mission.
- Proven project management capabilities
- " Proven ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines. Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment, problem solving, and creativity.
- Excellent project coordination, management, negotiation, and advocacy skills.
- Strong communication skills in multi-cultural, multi-lingual environments (written and verbal).
- Flexible, with a willingness and ability to travel in challenging environments.
- Excellent report-writing skills
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Willingness to undertake regular travel in the rural areas.
- IT literate with excellent MS Office skills.
- Ability to operate within the private and public sectors to effectively liaise with Agri-Food enterprises and development agencies.
- Demonstrated excellence in written/verbal communications, research, writing, and analytical ability
Required Candidate profile5+ years of professional experience directly or indirectly related to marketing foods and supply chains and, including implementation of market-based agricultural or nutrition programs and projects.
Salary: INR 7,00,000 - 10,00,000 PA.
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Functional Area:Production, Manufacturing, Maintenance
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Sc - Food Technology, Agriculture, Geology, Bio-Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Diploma - Management, B.B.A / B.M.S - Management, B.A - Any Specialization, B.Tech/B.E. - Agriculture, Bio-Chemistry/Bio-Technology, Other Graduate
Recruiter Name:Mr Sai Prasad
Address :C/o ICRISAT, Patancheru, Medak, Telangana - 502324,India