- Assisting in execution of risk-based Internal Audit Plans by doing a 100% holistic view of data sets/population
- Help in enhancing Internal Audit efficiency through use of data analytics tools in various audit areas
- Develop continuous auditing and/or monitoring procedures and help in developing dashboards for management review
- Preparation and circulation of periodic dashboards for the critical processes
- Conduct and oversee IT related audits
- Partner with other Internal Audit personnel to analyze needs and recommend solutions to help execute audit activities in the most effective way by evaluating/analyzing large data files.
- Perform full-population data retrievals and/or sampling on large data sets and identify exceptions and recommend solutions.
- Design data analytic queries/tools to support various types of audit activities including Audits, Continuous Monitoring, and/or Ad-hoc reporting.
- Maintain inventory of queries, scripts, reports, etc. for continuous monitoring and/or future audit use.
- Presenting results in a clear and creative manner.
- Assist in conducting the internal audit of various financial, operational and process areas across ICRISAT in accordance with audit plan approved by the board.
- Serve as a resource on IT-related issues for others within the IA department.
- Maintaining a system of follow-up of implementation of audit recommendations
- Adding value to the organization through -
o recommending control improvements that include process, operational and financial efficiencies;
o promoting governance concepts and ethical environment;
o facilitating adoption of good practices;
o providing assurance and consulting services to the management
- Fostering proactive and professional relationships with the executive and line management through ongoing evaluation of the internal control framework, providing insight on business risk and control processes.
- Drafting audit reports with relevant recommendations for the management.
- Assisting in preparation of periodic activity reports of the Internal Audit function for submission to the Director-General/Audit Committee of the Governing Board.
Qualification & Skills:
CA or MBA (Finance) with Professional Qualification Certifications preferably CISA with 2 to 4 years of hands on experience in Internal Audits & analytics.
Bachelors Degree in Data Analytics, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Accounting, or Business or other credentials, a plus.
At least two years of experience analyzing data using Idea ACL, SQL, or similar analytic tools.
Critical thinking and problem solving; able to solve/troubleshoot problems and offer practical, alternative solutions.
Working Knowledge of Sun System is highly desirable.
Experience with industry standards and frameworks such as COBIT, COSO and ISO etc.
S/he should essentially be a good communicator and a team player and contribute to the success of the Institutes mandate.
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institutes continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 11 December 2019, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Functional Area:Accounts, Finance, Tax, Company Secretary, Audit
Desired Candidate Profile
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
Headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, ICRISAT has two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)