- Create a global and national media engagement strategy and an execution plan
- Create a media coverage calendar by identifying and scoping opportunities
- Maintain and develop the global and national media database
- Write media pitches, summaries and press releases
- Track the media coverage and identify trends and discussions on issues and topics relevant for ICRISATs work
- Track key journalists and bloggers from science and development domain
- Build capacity of scientists and experts by providing an orientation on speaking with media
- Maintain regular contact with local, national and international reporters and editors.
- Build and maintain press contact database.
- Prepare all press releases including liaising with scientists, gathering information, images and videos as required, from draft to final approval and dissemination to press.
- Organize all media events such as press conferences, release of reports and other essential communications to the press.
- Follow up on all media requests for interviews, articles, input for stories.
- Actively pitch ICRISAT stories to the press.
- Deal with media on all other queries related to ICRISAT.
- Monitor daily press coverage for stories on ICRISAT and related issues.
- Share press stories with Management Group regularly.
- Monitoring, tracking and keeping a record of data of all press and social media output/activities and analytics.
- Push content and liaise through all communications channels.
- Work closely with social media officer.
- Upload all videos to YouTube.
- Support other communications needs as directed.
- Bachelors degree with post graduate qualification in mass communication and PR
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a not-for-profit or content driven organization, experience of science-based content would be an advantage
- Experience of social media engagement and web media
- Good understanding and strong interest for science, smallholder farming challenges in developing countries and development issues
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English. Able to understand varied and complex scientific research and provide rapid synthesis for non-expert audience.
- Experience of media management both at national and international level.
- Knowledge of social media strategies
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience working in a multicultural team will be preferred
- Ability to work on own as well as in a team depending on the need
This is a Scientific and Managerial Group (SMG) cadre position, initially for a period of three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institutes continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 18 April 2018, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.A - Communication, PR/Advertising
PG:M.A - Communication, PR/ Advertising
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR System Organization. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)