- Project accounting and project management
- Review of financial reports in compliance with audit requirements, monthly MIS project reports and budgets for new project proposals
- Review of financial terms & conditions and budgets for new grant agreements and sub-grant agreements to partners
- Management of receivables
- Liaison with Internal & External auditors and inter-departmental liaison
- Oversee and provide accurate and timely information to the management for decision making purposes
- Undertake other jobs assigned from time to time
- Strong knowledge of accounting, in-depth knowledge of accounting standards and reporting requirements including IFRS
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and ERP experience
- Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Acumen for process improvement
- The candidate should have high integrity and able to exercise sound judgment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of staff at all levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Preferably Chartered Accountant / Semi-qualified CA / M.Com / MBA / CS-Inter with around 7 years proven expertise in handling accounting functions
- Fully conversant with computerized financial accounting and management reporting systems with 7 years of experience in a large organization, of which the last 3 years should have been in a supervisory or managerial position.
- She/he should essentially be a good communicator and a team player, resilient and capable of supervising and leading a team of finance staff, to the success of the Institutes mandate.
This is a Scientific and Managerial Group (SMG) cadre position, initially for a period of three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institutes continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 23 December 2018, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
PG:CA, CS, MBA/PGDM - Any Specialization, M.Com - Commerce
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR System Organization. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)