- Manage a communications team of 20.
- Provide strategic direction and input into ICRISAT's marketing plan and priorities.
- Manage effective communication outputs to show how ICRISATs research has an impact on dryland farming communities
- Work with partner organizations (CGIAR, donors, research partners, NGOs etc.) to communicate ICRISATs impact in a timely and strategic manner
- Oversee messaging and stories that bring complex and scientific issues to a broader audience and also be able to highlight the human stories in compelling ways.
- Work with consultants to achieve timely global media coverage.
- Be up-to-date with the latest communications tools and approaches
- Develop and manage a variety of communication tools and activities to ensure ICRISATs messages have a wide reach: website and blog; global media; social media; multimedia; newsletter; events; and communications products (e.g.: the Annual Report, flyers, corporate material and posters).
- Perform other marketing related functions assigned by the Director, Strategic Marketing and Communication.
- Passion and dedication to ICRISATs cause, with experience of research for development communications
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Proven expertise in managing web, social and multimedia communications for a research or development organization
- A pro-active team player able to guide and build communication staff capacity
- Ability to manage communications initiatives and multiple tasks to strict deadlines, lead a team and manage resources
- Excellent skills to work with and build relationships with scientists, donors, research partners and the media
- Graduate of Mass/Development Communication and/or Agricultural or Biological Sciences, preferably with a postgraduate degree in the Social Sciences Journalism and/or related fields
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience in communications with 5 years in a management position
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 30th November 2017, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer and is especially interested in increasing the participation of women on its staff.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.A - Communication, B.Sc - Agriculture, Biology, Other Graduate
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)