- Accept responsibility for the HR requirements and demands of ICRISAT staff and associates based in Asia, Africa and globally.
- Lead HR practices to provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality deliverables, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership on the development and deployment of appropriate HR policies across the organization to foster inclusion, equality and diversity.
- Assess and update the current and future policy requirements to support strategic aims of the organization.
- Monitor changes in employment legislation in countries where ICRISAT staff are hosted.
- Provide direction on staff engagement so that ICRISAT can attract and retain culturally and gender diverse talent and rank high as a preferred place to work.
- Ensure ICRISAT adheres to high standards in respect for cultural and gender diversity.
- Ensure ICRISAT staff are safe and covered by contemporary occupational health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Develop and implement a HR strategy to support building an agile and forward-looking organization.
- Develop and oversee performance management processes to support a high-performing culture at an individual and organizational level.
- Develop and implement an effective reward and recognition strategy to support the strategic objectives of the organization and to motivate staff.
- Oversee implementation of human resources management at all ICRISAT locations to ensure that the design and application of the approved personnel policies are consistent with the needs and expectations of staff, as well as the local values, practices and regulations.
- Advise and guide Regional Directors, Country Heads and other Unit Heads on complex and sensitive organizational and people issues to enable senior management to take appropriate action.
- Negotiate and manage the terms of outsourced services to ensure value for money and appropriate service standards are maintained.
- Manage the HR team to deliver quality and customer-focused services.
- Develop effective working relationships with Staff Council and other staff representatives to ensure harmonious employment relations.
- Serve on the executive management team and other committees as may be necessary.
- Advanced Degree in Human Resources Management from Tier 1 institutions preferred.
- Work experience of at least 15 years in HR of which 6 years is preferably at a senior management level and the most recent role at a strategic level.
- Proven capability to manage HR operations in a large multi-cultural organization, including all aspects of management: managing budgets and staff, building and managing partnerships, and leading a diverse team.
- Experience in developing and enacting policy where multiple stakeholders, including internal and external parties are involved in achieving outcomes.
- Experience in addressing governance, institutional and staffing aspects of an organization.
- Demonstrated expertise in written and oral communications and public awareness activities.
- Demonstrated championing the critical areas of gender, youth, nutrition, knowledge sharing and innovation.
Good to have:
- Experience in managing HR functions in research and/or agricultural organizations and also across multiple locations.
- Proficiency in French language.
This is an Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS) position with a competitive salary and benefits package payable in US Dollars. The position is initially for three years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent and funding availability.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 6 May 2018, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
PG:MBA/PGDM - HR/Industrial Relations
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEMI ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)