- Lead efforts to integrate monitoring and evaluation in the design of projects/programs. This includes the use of mobile project monitoring tools to track project implementation and the adoption of innovations.
- A recent PhD degree in Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, Development Studies or a related discipline with a strong focus on applied research.
- Experience in conducting and analyzing farm household surveys.
- Skills in qualitative research methods will be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills in spoken and written English. Proficiency in one or more Indian languages will be an added advantage.
- Able to work with multidisciplinary teams in a multicultural and multinational environment.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
Conduct quantitative and qualitative studies on vegetable value chains and studies identifying opportunities and constraints to the scaling of innovation.
Contribute to the design of sound scaling methods for technologies and interventions.
Publish research results in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings.
Provide guidance to colleagues and partners on issues of impact evaluation, vegetable value chains and opportunities and constraints to innovation.
Perform any other duties as required by the needs of the Center and the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
The position is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position and will be initially for 3 years with the possibility of extension depending upon work performance and funding availability.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 10 June 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer"
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Agriculture / Dairy
Desired Candidate Profile
INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more information, visit www.icrisat.org
Contact Company:INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)